- Private music lessons conducted at same Berkeley location since 1991
- Piano lessons for Orinda Schools’ In-home Program since 2006
- Private vocal training with Claudine Spindt (1983–2010)
- Cal State University at Chico (1970–1972)
- Brigham Young University Summer Theatre Program (1969)
- Honor Music School (1967–1968)
- 18 years private voice and piano lessons with Elizabeth Roberts Reese
- 4 years private piano lessons with Beverly Owens
- Other areas of study include acting (5 years), chorus (4 years),
dance (10 years), songwriting (1 year).
Specialized Skills and Expertise
- Specializes in voice training that emphasizes the Spindt Technique, which eliminates potential vocal cord damage.
- Utilizes specific methods to expand vocal range, increase breath control, enhance tone and intonation, build power, improve projection, and cultivate the ability to sustain the voice.
- Teaches all popular vocal styles and offers a wide variety of related skills such as performance technique, music reading, songwriting, and holding choral parts.
- Enjoys assessing students’ vocal level and providing individualized instruction customized to their goals.
- Teaches a variety of traditional piano methods and encourages reading by interval, which accelerates the process of learning to read and play.
- Relates well to people of all ages and pays special attention to gearing the lessons to the student’s individual needs.
- Integrates the student’s chosen style into the lessons as early as possible.